Thanks for stopping by!

So I'm a young mom, very interested in putting forth my greastest effort to better myself, my family and my planet. This quest (and chronic diaper rash) lead me to begin cloth diapering my one-year-old daughter.

I've finally gotten around to starting a blog and most entries will probably be reviews on different varieties of diapers and natural/organic baby products and the ocassional mom-thing.




Friday, September 10, 2010

Flips Diaper covers by Cotton Babies

     Today's entry comes from the floor of my daughters bedroom. I should be dividing toys  into the organizer I got last night....but my laptop is so much more fun. Besides-having a toddler brush your hair while you type is incredibly therapeutic. 
    
     www.cottonbabies.com is currently having a "seconds" sale- factory seconds consist of merchandise that just wasn't up to par so it wasn't shipped in their everyday orders- this could mean a crooked seam, a misplaced snap or something as superficial as a dirt mark on the fabric. Well, no matter what insignificant "defect" these diapers may have they mean one thing to me: Smokin' deals! We're talking over 30% off!!
     I have placed over a dozen orders to CottonBabies since i started cloth diapering- and as soon as I got an email saying it was seconds' season I sprung into action and purchased a few BumGenius 3.0's, 8 xs BumGenius AIO's (all in one diapers, meaning a no-stuff, one step diaper almost exactly like a 'sposie!!) for when I have our next child, a Flip diaper cover and another Econobum diaper cover (more on the brands and what I love later)
     This time around I'd like to do a short review on the Flip cover that I received in the mail 3 days ago and just used for the first time this morning!    The flip system was designed by CottonBabies for a family that just needs some versatility and options. The Flip covers work with regular cloth diapers whether you choose prefolds, contours or fitteds-but are meant specifically to go with their brand of inserts. You have three options: Stay dry- wicks moisture away from your dear one's behind, Organic-you get the idea and Disposable inserts that can just be tossed in the nearest trashcan. So far I just have the cover. I got it on sale for $9.95 rather than $13.95- I did order some disposable inserts but those will be reserved for camping and road trips! Overall, it's a good cover. I'd give it 4.5 out of 5...But only because it doesn't have a double gusseted leg! Its a nice fit, very stretchy and comfy for my Adrienne to run around it. When I changed her after about 2 and a half hours her doubler and prefold were soaked but I didn't have any leaks. That's a successful grocery shopping trip for me :) As for the covers, I'm really not in need of ANY more (I have 7 or 8 in her current size) but I'll definitely purchase more once we know the gender of our yet-to-be-conceived little one!!

No comments:

Post a Comment